The Warrior’s Basic Attitudes
1) Think honestly within yourself in your dealings with all men.
2) Constant training is the only way to learn strategy.
3) Become familiar with every art you come across.
4) Understand the way of other disciplines.
5) Know the difference between right and wrong in the matters of men.
6) Strive for inner judgment and an understanding of everything.
7) See that which cannot be seen.
8 ) Overlook nothing, regardless of its insignificance.
9) Do not waste time idling or thinking after you have set your goals.
These basic attitudes come from ‘The Book of Five Rings’ by Miyamoto Musashi.
Musashi was a renowned Samurai and an Artist. He fought and defeated 60 opponents in individual combat by the time he turned 30. After that he turned his life to contemplation of the arts in general and his own martial art specifically.
He wrote The Book of Five Rings just before he died.It is widely available and definately worth a read.