Monday 5 March 2012

Science vs. Faith



http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=110997741

I came across this very interesting article that attempts to raise questions in the reader about the scientific nature of God in our lives.

This is a topic I have spent some time trying to figure out in my own life.
I have studied many types of religions and cultures that possess significant spiritual faith.
My personal experiences have taken me through an incredible amount of personal discovery. For most of my life my faith wasn't a true faith. After several events across a span of time I believe Im now fairly "religious" and faithful that God exists.

When I read or hear about scientific discovery from doctors, psychologist, and neuroscientist I get a strong sense that they are presenting scientific data to us as fact, but yet are still very uncertain about many things in our universe and themselves.
When I hear stories from religious, spiritual, or faithful people I get a sense they are trying to do the same thing except have less of a need to define everything.

The question I always ask myself is whether or not the information being offered to me is going to enhance my ability to persevere and succeed in life or is it going to diminish my faith in God and myself which ultimately leads to increased fear and inhibiting doubt.

What I know to be true in my life, is that finding a source of positive emotional and cognitive energy will help you endure and eventually combat the massive amounts of negativity fueling the imbalance of our civilization.

Factual explanations in an every changing world seem to be fleeting. Coming and going like the whether.

Stay faithful to the things that forge your physical, mental and spiritual strength because the storm of doubt is always looming in the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment